Cauliflower (Gobi ) achari (pickle)
For Achari Masala
* 2 Tbs Fennel seeds dry roast separately
* 2 Tbs Mustard seeds dry roast separately
* 2 Tbs Kalonji or black cumin, nigella dry roast separately
* 1 Tbs Ajwin or Oregano dry roast separately
* 1 tsp Methi seeds or Fenugreek seeds dry roast separately
* 1 cup Kashmiri red chilli or Bedigai red chilli dry roast in low heat separately
For Achari Gobi
* 1 medium Cauliflower medium cut florets
* 1 med Onion thinly sliced
* 1 small Tomato(mSliced
* 3-4 nos green chillis
* 5 tbs vegetable oil or Mustard oil
* Coriander for garnish
* 3 Tbs Achari Masala
* 2 tsp Coriander/Dhaniya powder
* 1 tsp Cumin/Jeera powder
* 1 tsp Mango/Amchoor powder
* 1 tsp Turmeric/Haldi Powder
* 2 tsp Gravy from any spicy pickle
* 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
* 1/2 tsp jeera seeds
* 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
* 1/2 tsp Oregano seeds
For Achari masala
* Dry roast all the ingredient from the ingredient group above and let it cool.
* once the mixture is cooled down grind it to a nice powder.
* It yields about about 6-7 tbs of masala
For Achari Gobi
* In a pan add the oil and let it heat. Once hot add the cut florets to the hot oil with salt and fry them to golden brown.
* remove from oil and set it aside.
* Now in the same pan ( add more oil if needed ) add the dry tempering ingredients and let it splutter
* Then add in the turmeric, coriander and Cumin powder and let it roast in the oil for a few seconds.
* add the sliced onion and 1/2 tsp of salt and let it roast till the aroma is release and its cooked to golden brown
* Now add in the tomato and saute for 2 more minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water loosen the gravy
* Cook in med flame till the oil leaves sides
* Now add in the Fried gobi, achari masala and amchoor powder. Give it a good mix.The gravy should coat the gobi well and soak in the flavors.
* Let it simmer for 5-8 minutes. Last optional step is to add the Achar gravy and give the mixture a toss
* Garnish with fried green chillis and fresh chopped coriander. Serve with rice or Paratha