Chicken shikampuri kabob
* For Filling we need :
* 2 onions, finely chopped
* 4 green chilies, finely chopped
* 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
* 4-5 mint leaves, finely chopped
* hung curd or Greek yogurt
* For Kebab we need :
* 1 pound chicken, boneless or breast pieces cut into small pieces
* 1/2 cup chana dal / bengal gram, soaked for 30 minutes
* 1.5 tsp red chili powder
* 1 tsp turmeric powder
* 2 tbsp ginger – garlic, fine chopped
* 2 green cardamom pods
* 1 inch cinnamon stick
* 4 cloves
* 4-5 black pepper
* 1 tsp shahi jeera / caraway seeds
* to taste Salt
* 1 egg, beaten
* oil for shallow frying
* Heat 1-2 cups of water in a pan and add chicken pieces, chana dal, crushed cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper, shahi jeera, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, chopped ginger and garlic.
* Cover the lid and cook till the chicken is done and the dal is soft. Allow to cool and grind it to make a fine paste.
* Add egg and mix well and keep aside.
* Meanwhile take a bowl and prepare the filling by mixing the hung curd / geek yogurt with finely minced onion, salt, green chili and coriander powder.
* Pinch a lemon size ball of the kebab paste and flatten it between your palms like a disc.
* Place a small filling of the hung curd and cover up the filling. Cover from all sides nicely and again flatten it to shape a disc.
* Shallow fry in hot oil till golden brown on medium heat. Transfer the kebabs on a kitchen napkin to soak excess oil and serve hot with coriander & mint chutney.