❎❎ Dragon fruit muffin
Pitaya, also known as Dragon Fruit, is a superfruit indigenous to Central and South America that is now grown all over the world.
Pitaya was first discovered in Central America, centuries ago, and has traveled to all corners of the globe. Early missionaries brought Pitaya to Asia where it has since been renamed and is more commonly known as, Dragon Fruit
Some species of Pitaya / Dragon Fruit have white flesh, or pulp, on the inside. Some dragon fruit have red flesh, which is richer in nutrients, flavor, and, of course, color.
* 3 large eggs
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tsp lemon juice
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 dragon fruit pulp scoop out
* 3 table spoon Pitaya powder ( you can find it in amazon or organic store ) I used suncorefoods pitaya powder
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1 stick butter melted
* 2 cup all purpose flour
* 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chip
* 1/2 cup chopped walnut
* Preheat oven at 350 degree . Grease muffin pan with butter or cooking spray and set aside. Or you can use parchment muffin liner
* Blend fresh milk and dragon fruit to smooth and add melted butter into it, blend well again.
* In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract at high speed till thick and fluffy, for about 5-7 minutes.
* Add flour and dragon fruit powder into the egg mixtures until combined at low speed, then fold the chocolate chip and walnut
* Scoop the batter into the muffin pan and gently tap the pan to release air bubbles. Then bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean.
* Set on wire rack to cool and then serve