Easy to make tasty and looks so good
Avocado toast with pomegranate salsa and goat cheese
Serve about 4
1 cup pomegranate arils (from 1 pomegranate)
* 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
* 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
* 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
* 1 tsp finely diced jalapeño (stems and seeds removed)
* ½ tsp finely minced shallot
* ½ tsp sea salt, divided
* 4 slices whole grain bread (or crostini’s), toasted
* 1 large avocado (or two small)
* Juice of ½ lemon
* 1 ounce goat cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine pomegranate arils, mint, parsley, balsamic, juice, jalapeño, shallot, and ¼ tsp sea salt. Mix to combine.
2. Place avocado in a separate bowl. Thoroughly mash with a fork. Add lemon juice and remaining ¼ tsp salt. Mix to combine.
3. Spread mashed avocado on toast. Top with pomegranate salsa and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve.