Firecrackers orange shrimp
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1 orange zested into thin strips
* 2 tablespoons orange juice
* 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (reduced it if you want less spicy )
* 2 pounds shrimp 18-20 count peeled and deveined
* 1 cup cornstarch
* 1/2 cup oil
1. Add the garlic, soy sauce, honey, orange zest, orange juice and crushed red pepper flakes to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
2. Add the shrimp to the cornstarch and coat well.
3. Heat your oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
4. In batches, cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until brown and crisp.
5. Drain onto a plate
6. When you’ve finished frying the shrimp drain the oil.
7. Add the sauce back to the pan and add the shrimp on top.
8. Toss to combine and cook for 15-20 seconds or until the sauce has thickened (this will not take long, all the cornstarch on the shrimp will thicken it quickly).
10. Serve immediately