Hoisin glazed baby eggplant
* 5 mini eggplants
* ¼ cup hoisin sauce
* ¼ cup dry white wine
* 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
* Micro green for serving
* Pine nuts for garnish or sesame seed
* Cut the eggplant in half
* In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, wine, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
* Pour the hoisin mixture into a large, wide skillet and heat over medium until the mixture starts bubbling.
* Arrange the eggplant halves, cut side down, in the skillet. Cook for 8 minutes over medium heat, then move them around so that they can absorb more of the marinade.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer, or until the eggplant halves are tender but not overdone. Remove from heat
Serve with micro green and pine nuts or sesame seed
Serve with rice or noodles as a side dish or as a appetizers