Keto cauliflower fritters
* 10 ounces cauliflower florets (roughly half a large head)
* 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (roughly 2/3 cup)
* 1 ounce blanched almond flour (roughly 1/4 cup)
* 2 large eggs
* 1 scallion thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Using a food processor
grate the cauliflower florets. In a bowl, stir with salt until well-mixed.
1. Using a cheese cloth squeeze moisture from the grated cauliflower, discarding about 3/4 cup of liquid.
2. In a bowl, combine the cauliflower mixture with cheese, almond flour, eggs, and pepper, stirring until well-mixed.
3. Heat a wide pan over medium heat for a few minutes or until hot. Spread butter on the pan as it melts.
4. For thick patties (shown in photos): Scoop about 1/4 cup of the cauliflower mixture onto the hot pan and flatten with a spatula to form a 3-4 inch patty. For thin patties: Use only 2-3 tablespoons.
5. Cook until the bottom is crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes, then carefully flip to cook the other side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
6. Repeat until all of the mixture is used up, working in batches as needed. I usually cook about 3-4 patties simultaneously on a pan.
7. Serve and top with scallions.
Note you can add chopped pepper and other spices if you like