Keto creamy Tuscan soup
* 1 lb (450g) Hot Italian sausage, casings removed (or turkey sausage or chicken sausage
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
* 1 bunch kale, leaves stripped and chopped
* 3/4 cup heavy cream
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
* Fresh chopped parsley, for serving
On a heavy bottom pan add little evoo. Add Italian sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Drain excess fat.
2. Add garlic, onion, and oregano to the Pot with the sausage meat. Cook, stirring constantly until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken broth and sun-dried tomatoes; season with pepper, to taste.
4. Cover the pot and cook in low temperature for 10 min or so .
5. stir in kale to the soup until wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute; then adjust seasoning of the Tuscan sausage soup with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the Keto Sausage Soup immediately with fresh grated Parmesan and parsley. Enjoy!
* You can add cauliflower florets to the Instant Pot to make the Tuscan soup even more nutritive.