Lobster Mac and cheese
* 8 ounce uncooked Macaroni
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1 canned evaporated milk
* ¾ cup milk
* ½ -1 tablespoon onion powder
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* ½ -1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
* ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
* ½ cup mozzarella cheese , grated
* ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese , grated
* ½ cup jack cheese
* salt and pepper to taste
* ½ pound cooked lobster meat
* Couple of bacon cooked
1. Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions and drain.
2. Add butter to skillet, as soon as butter melts whisk in flour. Continue whisking until flour is fully mixed with butter, then cook for about a minute to get rid of the flour taste.
3. Slowly add evaporated milk a little at the time, ed by the half and half ; you do not want the mixture to form any lumps. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
4. Add seasonings , onion and garlic powder , Creole seasoning and cayenne pepper.
5. Bring to a simmer and let it simmer gently for about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the cheeses, and continue stirring until everything’s melted and evenly combined and, smooth. Salt & pepper, to taste.
7. Then add the pasta and lobster to the pot, stir to evenly incorporate. Spread some lobster at the top.
8. Transfer the pasta mixture into a cast iron pan, or into a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with remaining cheese.
9. Bake at 375 Degrees F° for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly
Sprinkle the bacon on top