Mangshor jhol (mutton In thin gravy ) insta pot version
I will not talk much about the authenticity of Mangshor Jhol (mutton In thin gravy ) Recipe or the process of cooking here. And every Bengali family know this dish by heart , this a easy and go to dish of insta pot version!
Goat bone in 2 pound
* Onions 3 medium size
Ginger paste 2 tablespoons
Garlic 1 tablespoon
Potatoes 4 small size
Ground spices – turmeric, coriander, red chilli and garam masala
* Cooking oil
1. Slice the onions.
2. Chop the tomatoes.
3. Make the wet masala – put onions, ginger and garlic in a blender and whiz to get a smooth puree.
4. Peel the potatoes
1. Turn the instant pot to saute (normal) and add the sliced onions. Fry them until reddish brown
2. Add the wet masala, tomatoes, and ground spices. Cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes break down
3. Add the meat and salt and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring the contents with a spoon every now and then. Add a few splashes of water if you see the masala getting dry
4. Add 1.25 cups water and cancel saute.
5. Secure the lid, press the pressure cooking button (high), set the timer to 10 minutes and make sure the steam release handle is sealed.
6. Once the timer beeps, wait for 10 minutes, then release steam by turning the steam release handle to venting.
7. Open the cooker and add the potatoes. Again, secure the lid and set the cooker to zero minutes pressure (yes you can do that). In the time the cooker takes to come to pressure, the potatoes will be cooked
8. Serve with basmati rice