Paneer/Indian Cottage cheese: 500 gm.
Milk powder: 2 tbsp. (heaped)
Low-fat Condensed milk: 1 tin. (~15 oz./450 gm.)
Green Cardamom powder: 2-3 tsp.
Ghee/butter : 2 tblsp.
Food Color(Orange) : 1/2 tsp.(optional)
Pistachio powder optional
Rose petal optional
1. Mash paneer coarsely. Add milk powder to it and mix well and again mash the mixture for some time, until the texture is not only mushy but kind of grainy.
2. Heat a wide pan, add ghee to it, leave a little to grease a plate. When ghee is totally melted, add paneer mixture to the pan. Stir for a minute.
3. Then add 2/3 of condensed milk and mix with paneer well.
4. Don’t forget to stir the mixture all the time, otherwise, it’ll stick to the pan and burn and lower the heat to medium. Adding color to it, isn’t necessary, as milk cake is normally white in color.
5. If you want to add the color, add it now and stir immediately to mix it evenly in the paneer mixture. Cook the mixture, stirring continuously for about 5 minutes.
6. Then taste the sweet level, if you think it is well as per your taste, then add rest of the condensed milk accordingly. Mix the milk well. Cook the mixture until it dries up Remove from heat and add cardamom powder and mix well.
7. Grease a plate with rest of the ghee and pour the cooked paneer mixture on the plate and spread evenly.
8. Cool for 1/2 an hour and then cut into desired shapes , square or diamond shape. Garnish with pistachio and rose petal