A mouthwatering dish from southern part of India , pardon my sloppy presentation everyone was so hungry didn’t have time to do a proper one 😀
* mutton pieces – 1 pound
* chopped onion – 2 big
* slit green chilies – 5 or 6
* Tomato paste – 1 tablespoon
* ginger and garlic paste – 1 teaspoon each
* turmeric powder – 1/4 spoon
* red chili powder – 1 spoon
* garam masala powder – 1 1/2 spoon
* While red chilli couple
* oil – 1 spoon
* water – 1 /2 cup
* oil – 3 spoons
* bay leaf – 1
* star anise – 1
How to fry mutton:
Pressure cooking mutton:
1. Take a pressure cooker add cleaned and drained mutton pieces, one chopped onion, slit green chilies.
2. Add tomato paste, a spoon of ginger and garlic paste.
3. Add 1/4 spoon of turmeric powder, a spoon of red chili powder, 1 1/2 spoon garam masala powder.
4. Add a spoon of oil mix well of them.
5. Pour 1 1/2 cup of water mix well.
6. Close the lid and pressure cook for 6 whistles according to the mutton pieces.
7. Carefully open the lid check whether the mutton become soft or not. If not pressure cook for 2 more whistles.
1. Heat a pan over a medium flame add oil
2. Add a bay leaf and star anise mix and whole red chilli and onion and fry till onion is translucent
3. Take the mutton Out of stock and add
4. Keep frying adding little bit of stock in intervals
5. Keep doing it until you use all the stock
6. Serve as a side dish with chapati, rice, rumali roti, biryani