Pasta well what can I say about it , I love it , if I can I want to have it everyday , when I was in Italy I gained so much weight they have the best food !! And in seafood I love mussels so here you go spicy mussels spaghetti
* 3 tablespoons olive oil divided use
* 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
* 2 teaspoons garlic minced
* 3 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
* 28 ounce can Whole Tomatoes pureed in a blender or food processor
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 12 ounces spaghetti or other long pasta
* 1/2 pound mussels scrubbed and de-bearded
* 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
* Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
* Stir in the red pepper flakes (optional), then add the pureed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
* Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until sauce has just started to thicken. Stir in the butter, then remove the sauce from the heat.
* While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted water according to package directions.
* Drain the pasta, reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
* Heat another pan add the remaining olive oil and add mussels in the pan, along with the reserved pasta water. Bring to a simmer.
* Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until mussels have opened. Discard any shells that did not open.
* Add the mussels back in the pan with the tomato sauce and spaghetti. Toss to coat everything with the sauce.
* Sprinkle with parsley, then serve