Pineapple upside down donut
For the batter:
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 cup milk (I used Vanilla Almond Milk)
* 1/4 cup pineapple juice (unsweetened)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 1 large egg, at room temperature
For the pineapples:
* 6 slices pineapple, from a can, patted dry, sliced in half
* 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
2. Generously grease a doughnut pan; set aside.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, pineapple juice, vanilla, melted butter, and egg. Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture – being careful not to over mix!
4. Using paper towels, gently pat the pineapple slices dry; set aside. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar in each of the donut molds;
5. Spoon batter into prepared donut pan Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until the donuts spring back when lightly pressed. Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire wrack to cool for couple of min ! Serve warm