Purple potato fritters
Have you ever had purple potatoes ??
Aside from being beautiful, this vibrant potato is packed with health benefits. From fighting inflammation to protecting your heart, purple potatoes have you covered.
Purple potatoes have a lot going for them nutritionally, beyond antioxidants. They are packed with fiber, vitamin C and potassium, which can help with weight loss, immunity and heart health
* 7 8 small purple potatoes
* 1 egg
* 1 cup grated Parmesan
* 1/4 cup chopped parsley
* 1/4 cup chopped chives or scallion
* 1/4 cup almond flour
* 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
* 1/2 tsp. pepper or to taste
* oil for frying
* Cook the potatoes in gently boiling water until tender, about 20-25 minutes, depending on the size. Let them cool down completely. Peel.
* Place the potatoes in a medium mixing bowl and mash well using a potato masher.
* To the same bowl, add the egg, Parmesan, parsley, chives, almond flour, salt, and pepper. Mix everything well.
* Scoop up about a 1/2 cup of the potato mixture and form it into a patty.
* Heat up some olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the potato patties, and fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until crisp outside
Serve. With you favorite condiment