Quinoa and spinach fritters
2 cups baby spinach
One shallots chopped
1/ 2 red bell pepper
1/2 cup corn
1 cup water
1/2- cup quinoa
4 garlic cloves ,minced
1/2- teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes optional
1 cup grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1 cup panko crumbs
salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. On pan heat the olive oil
2. The add the garlic , shallots , and red bell pepper sauté couple of mins , then addd the spinach and corn red chilli flakes and salt sautéed till spinach is wilted but not too mushy
3. In the meantime, prepare the quinoa.
4. Combine water and quinoa in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce quinoa to a simmer; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, fluff with fork and let stand ten minutes.
7. Add quinoa, egg, spinach mix , fresh cheese, and panko crumbs.
8. Season with salt and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined.
9. Heat olive oil in a skillet.
10. Shape spinach quinoa -mixture into 2 to 3-inch patties.
11. Working in batches, add mixture into skillet, flattening slightly; cook until golden and crisp, about 4 minutes per side.
12. Transfer fritters to a paper towel–lined plate.
13. Serve with your favorite condiment