Red velvet Bundt cake
I had this cake long time back at nothing Bundt cake finally made it at home
* 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
1/3 cup oil , vegetable or canola oil
3 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
1 ounce liquid red food coloring
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips , optional
12 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
1/4 cup butter , room temperature (salted or unsalted)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar ,
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bundt pan and set aside.
* To a mixing bowl add flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder and whisk well to combine.
* In another bowl add the sugar and butter and cream together with an electric mixer until fluffy, 4-5 minutes.
* Add oil and mix. Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add vanilla, vinegar and red food coloring.
* Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add half of the buttermilk and stir to combine. Repeat, alternately adding the flour and then buttermilk, ending with flour.
* Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
* Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 40-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
* Cool in cake pan for 10 minutes and then invert onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
For the frosting:
* Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add vanilla. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until frosting has the consistency and taste you desire.
* Decorate the cake