Rum sticky toffee pudding with butter rum sauce
2/3 cup dark rum I used captain Morgan
1/2 cup chopped dried dates
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1 large egg
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
FOR THE BUTTER RUM SAUCE
* 1/4 cup light brown sugar
* 1/3 cup water
* 1/4 cup heavy cream
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 3 tablespoon dark rum,
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease muffin pan
* Place the dates in a small pot, along with the rum.
* Heat over medium high heat until boiling, then reduce the heat and simmer until the dates are softened.
* Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda.
* Transfer the mixture to a food processor , process until smooth.
* Mix the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
* Add the egg, ginger, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
* stir in the reserved date mixture, flour, baking powder, and salt.
* Divide the mixture In muffin pan to bake the pudding
* Cool slightly and top with warm Butter Rum Sauce.
Butter rum sauce
* Place the sugar and water in a pot and cook over medium-high heat, until it turns a deep amber color.
* Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the cream.
* Stir in the butter and salt, and remove from the heat.
* Add the dark rum and transfer the mixture cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
contributing this to
This is my contributions to
gallivanter_connoisseur house_of_tastee noshbynam to participate