1 lb lean meat ( I used goat meat )
* ½ cup yellow split pea(chana dal)
* 1 medium onion, sliced
* 1 teaspoon garlic paste
* 1 teaspoon ginger paste
* 8-10 black peppercorns powder
* 1 ½ spoon garam masala
* 2-3 dry red chili
* Salt, according to taste
* 2 green chilies, chopped (optional)
* 1 ½ cups water approximately
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup oil, for frying
1. Soak yellow split pea (chana dal) in water for about 30 minutes.
2. Sautee sliced onion until golden and aromatic. Set aside.
3. Clean and wash ground beef
4. Take meat and chana daal (yellow split peas) in a bowl
5. Add ginger paste, garlic paste, peppercorns, garam masala, red chilies and salt.
6. Add water to cover the ingredients and cook on medium heat until meat and dal is tender and all the water dries up.
7. In a food processor, grind the cooked meat and dal to make a paste.
8. In a bowl, take the paste; add one egg and rest of the ingredients, including the fried onion, except oil. Mix well.
9. Make small, round, flat shaped kababs with the paste mixture.
10. Heat oil in a pan in medium heat.
11. Beat one egg in a separate bowl.
12. Dip each kabab on the beaten egg to coat well.
13. Fry kabab till golden brown on each side.