Spicy sausage enchiladas
1 pound hot breakfast sausage
* 1 small red pepper chopped * 1 medium red onion chopped * 1 jalapeño chopped (optional )
* 2 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided
* 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
* 5 large eggs
* 1 cup whole milk * 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* salsa, sour cream, and chopped fresh cilantro
* Brown sausage in a nonstick pan, with red pepper , jalapeño and onion crumbling it as it cooks. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and place in a large bowl.
Add green onions and 1 1/2 cups cheese to the bowl with sausage and stir to mix evenly. * Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking dish. Spoon about 1/2 cup of sausage mixture down the middle of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and flour. Pour over tortillas. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Let sit for 20 minutes or refrigerate over night.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake covered for 25 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle on remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. * Serve with salsa, sour cream.