Tandoori chicken is undoubtedly the most popular chicken appetizer recipe from Indian cuisine and it has got its reason for being there! It is absolutely delicious! Period!
Tandoori chicken is best made with the full chicken leg i.e. the drumsticks joint with the thigh. This is undoubtedly the tastiest part of chicken thanks to its high fat content and the tandoori marinate penetrates really well into the nooks & crannies of drumsticks & thighs.
Today I am sharing with you how to make tandoori masala at home and trust me it’s taste way better than the store bought
I believe that nothing beats the aroma of a homemade spice mix – so fresh, aromatic, and melded with flavors.
Homemade spice mixes add a personal touch to any dish, and the flavor is so much richer and better than the store-bought ones. I love the contrasting flavors that homemade spices offer in every bite.
2 tablespoons ground paprika
* 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
* 2 teaspoons ground coriander
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
* 2 teaspoons ground ginger
* 1.5 teaspoons chili powder
* 2.5 teaspoons Garam Masala
If you don’t have Garam Masala, use:
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black Instructions
1. Grind any spices that you don’t have already ground in a spice mill or coffee grinder
Measure out all ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine wel